Skin Preparation: Clean
with alcohol or usual skin prep, if necessary. If the patients are
very hairy shave the electrode areas.
Shooting. When no signal or a poor signal is
observed the following should be considered:
1. Have the cables been correctly connected?
2. Is the equipment functioning correctly?
3. Could external electrical equipment interference be a problem?
4. Was skin preparation adequate?
5. Could the electrodes suffer from
a) gel dry out?
b) Poor adhesion?
Lead (10 Electrode) Placement Guide:
V1: Fourth intercostal space to the right of the
V2: Fourth intercostal space to the Left of the sternum.
V3: Directly between leads V2 and V4.
V4: Fifth intercostal space at midclavicular line.
V5: Level with V4 at left anterior axillary line.
V6: Level with V5 at left midaxillary line.
(Directly under the midpoint of the armpit)